The Students for Free Culture’s board meet last weekend and was very productive, they:
- a little storefront with new shirts designed by Patrick Moberg
filed for incorporation as a 501(c)3,
- posted photos from the Free Culture Conference 2008
- Set a time line for new board member elections.
Here is the timeline:
- Feb 14 – nominations open
- Feb 29 – nominations close
- March 1 – 23 – campaigning (design an offering to the free culture community)
- March 24 – first day to vote
- March 31 – last day to vote
- April 1 – winners announced
- Somewhere between April 1 and May 1 – transition meeting
- May 1 – new board takes power
This is a very important meeting from two perspective, first the 501(c)3 status is something SFFC has need for a long time. This opens the door to providing a support staff for future SFFC boards and accepting donation or grants independent of other orgs. Second the elections are guaranteed to bring change in the leadership of SFFC. A few of the current board members are no longer students, this wll open a few spots on the board. I am very curious also to see where these activist transition to.
Here are the full notes for the meeting; SFFC public board notes and agenda.